The Hermes 180 is a tactical close range UAV for brigade-level intelligence, surveillance, target acquisition and reconnaissance missions. The UAV is designed for high mobility, forward tactical deployment and minimum logistic footprint (length 4.4 m, wingspan 6 m and weight 195 kg),
With a payload capacity of 32 kg, 1.2 kVA, the Hermes 180 is effective for ISTAR missions at the Brigade to Division levels. It is powered by a 38 hp rotary UEL engine that provides a maximum speed of 105 KTAS@SL, altitude over 15 kft, endurance over 10 hours and a range of 150 km.
The Hermes 180 features fully redundant avionics, fully autonomous flight, LOS data link with a fully composite structure that is highly mobile and easily deployed.
It is launched either by catapult or runway and recovered by parachute/airbag and/or runway and shares a common Ground Control Station, data link and avionics with the entire Hermes family.
Military support missions:
- ISTAR - Intelligence, Surveillance,Target Acquisition and Reconnaissance
- Target Designation
- Artillery fire adjustment
- Battle Damage Assessment (BDA)
- Tactical Radio Relay
Non military missions:
- Catapult launch, parachute and airbag recovery
- Day + Night + Laser Designator high performance payload capability
- Fully redundant avionics system, common to all Hermes a/v family
- Advanced DGCS - Down-size Ground Control Station
- Highly mobile, quick deployment - C130 air transportable